Happy New Year’s Eve! Can you believe we will be saying goodbye to 2014 and hello to 2015 in just a few hours?! Anyone have any exciting plans to ring in the New Year?
In the past, my New Year’s Eves have always been very low key and mostly consisted of house parties and hanging out with just my closest friends.
This year I am braving the crowds and actually going out! It will be nice to do something different and I still get to spend the night with my best friends!
I am starting off my evening with dinner at Timpano with my sister and a few friends. I have never been before, but I have heard great things. Here is a little snippet from their website:
Timpano Italian Chophouse offers a menu that marries award-winning cuisine with a combination of steaks, chops and pastas — with style and swagger all our own.
Then I am meeting up with some other friends and heading over to Jackson’s for a huge NYE bash! Here is what they say about the event on their website:
No New Year’s Eve celebration in Tampa will compare after spending a New Year’s Eve at Jackson’s Nightclub. Enjoy a beautiful waterfront celebration at Tampa’s premiere upscale club. Pied Piper’s New Years Eve features a complimentary champagne toast and front row seats to their own midnight firework display, along with amazing entertainers and some of the areas hottest DJ’s!
I’m excited for fireworks right on the water! These are usually some of the best ones in the area, so it will be fun to be so close to them this year.
My nails are ready for the celebrations, but I still have NO idea what to wear hmm.
What are you doing for NYE?
Do you prefer a crazy night or a more low key one?
Happy Tuesday! I can’t believe tomorrow is that last day of 2014! It sure has been a busy year with lots of things to celebrate and I can’t wait to see what 2015 has to bring!
Here are some of my favorite moments from 2014 (in no particular order):
1. Amanda’s wedding and bachelorette party. One of my best friends from high school got married last spring and I was fortunate to be able to celebrate her bachelorette party in Savannah and her wedding in Charleston (2 of my all time favorite cities)!
2. Moving into my apartment. I moved into an adorable apartment last spring. It was my first time living completely by myself and I love it so much!
3. Visiting my Best Friends from college. I love every moment I spend with these girls, but since we all live in different places, I don’t get to see them as often as I would like. In 2014, I was able to see them twice: once on an epic road trip from Nashville to Winston-Salem to Lake Gastonia to DC and once at our annual BFF Christmas in DC.
4. Getting into graduate school. I will be beginning grad school in January and I could not be happier! More to come about this in the new year.
5. Welcoming this sweet pup to the family. Last April my family adopted Jake and he has brought so much joy to all of our lives. I don’t get to see him every day since he lives with my mom, but I am still plotting ways I can kidnap him!
6. Visiting Michelle in Cincinnati. I love any excuse to visit different cities. One of my best friends since childhood, Michelle, was interning in Cincinnati over the summer. When I found a super cheap flight, I jumped at the opportunity!
7. Family trip to Virgin Gorda. A couple years ago, my family and a few other families went down to Virgin Gorda and we had such an amazing time that we went back this past summer. There were 18 of us total and it was such a blast- we rented boats, went sailing, explored the island and surrounding islands, drank way too many island drinks, went paddle boarding, and just had a ton of fun! Now I am dying to go back.
8. Running my first half marathon ever. I loved running the Gasparilla Half Marathon last February and am looking forward to doing it again in a couple months! I thought I would run a full marathon this year, but for now I think I will stick with the half and work on improving my time. For me, I think it is the perfect distance.
9. Starting this blog. I had been thinking about starting a blog for quite a while and I finally just decided to do it! I can’t wait to see where it ends up going in 2015.
10. Turning 25. I had been dreading this birthday for quite a while because quarter of a century just sounds SO old. I have amazing friends and family who made the day (actually, whole week) very special and now I am learning to embrace 25. I feel that 25 (and 2015) will be a very good year for me- I have so much to look forward to!
So many other awesome things happened during 2014 and I could go on for a while, but these are just some of the highlights. Looking back, I realize how much I have to be thankful for! I am so thankful for my loving and supportive family and my amazing friends who are always there for me and put up with my ridiculousness. I can’t wait for 2015 and many more awesome memories!
What are some of your highlights from 2014?
What are you looking forward to in 2015?
What are you wearing for NYE? (I’m struggling to find and outfit and need help!!)