Happy Friday!! I hope you all had an excellent week! Here are some of my favorite things from this week:
1. Art for Abolish. Last night I went to an event, hosted by The Junior League of Tampa, to raise awareness for human trafficking. It was extremely emotional and eye opening. It was designed to use different forms of art (e.g., dance, sculptures, song, monologue) to educate the public on human trafficking. Dr. Brook, who is a survivor, shared her story and it was extremely inspiring to hear how she overcame this awful thing and grew to become the woman she is today. If you are interested in learning more about this subject, I encourage you to check out Dr. Brook’s site as well as Redefining Refuge, which is a local organization that helps victims.
2. My Gasparilla Wreath. Now I am ready for the pirates to invade. Arrrrrgggghhhhh. (In case you missed how much I love Gasparilla, check out this post.)
3. What 2,000 Calories Looks Like. We all know that fast food is filled with calories, but these pictures really put it into perspective. The most shocking one to be is a single Peanut Butter Caramel Pie Shake has more than 2,000 calories! That does sound delicious, but I bet we could recreate it at home for a fraction of the calories.
4. These delicious drinks. At the event last night, we got a “specialty cocktail” which was made with a Peruvian liquor called Pisco. It is a type of brandy, but it is clear because it is distilled in stainless steel barrels instead of oak barrels (the bartender gave us a whole history of it haha). I’m not sure what they mixed it with, but it was a little citrus-y and a little pineapple-y aka delicious.
5. Running 8 miles. I haven’t done that is months (I blame the holidays and too many sweets). I actually felt great during and after the run! My half marathon is 5 weeks away form Sunday, so I thought it was time I step it up a bit and I’m feeling less nervous for it now!
What are some of your favorite things from this week?
What are you doing this weekend?